Thursday, December 8, 2011

Popular Mechanics

"In this manner, the issue was decided."  (pg. 345, handout)

What is this issue, and how was it decided?  I believe the issue was who was going to take the baby.  It was decided because the baby died so neither of them would get to keep it.  I don't understand the title of the story.  What does popular mechanics have to do with anything?  Personally, I like the title of "Mine" better because it fits the story well as they are decided who is keeping the baby.  I know that the couple is splitting up, but I can't figure out why.  The setting is important  because it establishes the tone in the beginning.  The snow melting into dirty water, cars slushing on the street nearby, and the darkness all create a depressing mood and tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment