Thursday, December 8, 2011

You're Ugly, Too

"'I'm going out of my mind,' said Zoё to her younger sister, Evan, in Manhattan."  (pg. 353)


I used this quote because I thought it described Zoё perfectly.  She is a very odd individual who is eccentric, insecure, selfish, and sarcastic.  She randomly tells jokes that aren't really funny to most people, but she finds them hilarious.  Zoё has a very bad taste in men as the past three men having been very boring.  Someone in my small group today talked about how she is dying slowly internally.  I thought this was a pretty accurate description because she acts like it and seems really awkward.  When she feels uncomfortable, she uses humor as a defense mechanism.  The title is something I don't understand.  I know it comes from one of her jokes, but I don't find it funny at all.  If someone asks for a second opinion, why would you say that they are ugly?

No comments:

Post a Comment