Thursday, February 2, 2012

Othello - The End?

I did not like the ending of this play because it doesn't end like it's supposed to.  Iago is supposed to be killed, and then the play is supposed to end.  Now, we have no idea when or how Iago is going to be killed so we just have to make something up.  I hate when authors write horrible endings to books, novels, stories, or plays.  Aside from my ranting, I thought it was a good play.  I somewhat mentioned this in my last blog, but I was on Iago's side the entire play until the end.  I thought he was a genius on how he manipulated everyone to his choosing and figured out how to make each person believe what he wanted them to.  Something about Othello made me not like him, and I didn't like Cassio either.  I felt bad for Desdemona because she really did nothing wrong but no one believed her.  Then, she ended up being killed for something she never did.

1 comment:

  1. all entries must begin with an excerpt from which the response is based

    ReplyDelete