Wednesday, September 14, 2011

February

"February" is an interesting poem to say the least.  It talks about the month February, where watching hockey and trying to stay warm by the fire are the main things to do.  Then, the poem switches over to describe a cat's instinct to jump on their owner's face and check if they are alive.  I did not know cats did this, and if I was a cat owner, I would be freaked out if it randomly jumped on my head.  Next, it explains how we should eat our young like sharks do.  That is disgusting, and I will never do that, just throwing that out there.  The speaker communicates that February is a month of despair, but I do not see February that way at all.  When I think about the month, I think of Valentine's Day and one of the last chances to get a two-hour delay.  It does not snow as often in March as it does in February so one has to make the most of it in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment