Tuesday, September 20, 2011

next to of course god america i

Ask (or suggest) and you shall receive...

Well, I do not really know what to say about this poem.  The form and pattern of the poem was basically a whole bunch of words smashed into different lines.  The majority of the poem was in quotation marks, but the last two sentences were not in quotations.  I'm guessing that someone was giving a speech or something, and that's why there are quotation marks?  This poem also reminded me of the song "My Country Tis of Thee."  They have many common words, and I found myself stop reading in the middle of it and humming the tune.  As for analysis, I understood that the "heroic happy dead" did not stop to think about what they did, but I do not know what that means.  I really could not follow this poem because I felt that too many words were crammed together without punctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment