Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Frankenstein - Are You Smarter Than a Monster?

"I was a poor, helpless wretch; I knew, and could distinguish, nothing."  (pg. 71)

I want to know how smart the monster that Victor created really is.  He has to have some higher level of intelligence if he is able to communicate and interact with his creator.  When he was first created, the creature somewhat acted like a baby with its arms outstretched towards its creator and mumbling gibberish.  Now, the reader can see that he has learning capabilities as he learned how to talk and act like humans by watching a family go about their life.  I never knew that the monster became smarter.  I thought he remained like a baby.  Also, I am really impressed by how much the monster picked up from watching the family of three live their life.  In just a time period of two years, he was able to pick up what would take normal humans around four years or longer to pick up.  If he is able to do all of this, and he knows who Victor's friends are, is he capable of being a possible suspect for the murder of William?

No comments:

Post a Comment