Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Frankenstein - Overall Thoughts

"All that I should express would be inadequate and feeble.  My tears flow; my mind is overshadowed by a cloud of disappointment."  (pg. 162)

Overall, I thought the book was decent.  I liked the book, especially towards the end, kept me interested.  I definitely thought that Victor was going to kill Frankenstein, and the book would end.  Obviously, Victor dies before he could kill him, but the creature is actually disappointed and depressed.  One aspect of the book that I grew to not like was the frame stories.  I thought I enjoyed them, but as the story went on, I just got confused.  If it was only told from one point of view, then much information would be missing.  If it were narrated by Victor, the important scene after his death would be missing.  A narrator could have been used, but it would have taken away from the meaning because no character's input would be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment