Monday, April 23, 2012

The Great Gatsby - Romance

"They were sitting at either end of the couch, looking at each other as if some question had been asked, or was in the air, and every vestige of embarrassment was gone." (pg. 90)

Well, I saw it coming.  Romance is introduced with the relationship between Daisy and Gatsby.  They are reintroduced to each other after close to five years, and although it was awkward at first, everything seems to be going great now.  They were in a relationship before Gatsby went off to war, but Daisy married before he came back.  I don't understand why Daisy would do this if they were truly in love.  Maybe she was lonely.  I think that this relationship will be a major part of the plot.  I haven't read past chapter five, but I have a feeling that the rest of the book might be focused on Daisy and Gatsby's relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment