Monday, April 23, 2012

The Great Gatsby - The Book So Far...

"It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey."  (pg. 48)

When I was reading, this particular quote stuck out to me for some reason so I decided to put it in my blog.

First off, I dislike that the novel has long chapters.  I would prefer a book with many short chapters opposed to a book with few lengthy chapters.  I use chapters as stopping places, but it's hard to do that with a book with long chapters.  I also dislike how much introduction there was to start the novel.  It didn't keep my attention, and it was hard for me to get into the book.

On to a more positive note, I think that the plot is somewhat enjoyable so far.  I also like how the author decided to have one of the characters be the narrator.  I believe that it makes the story more personal.  Lastly, I like how easy to read it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment